ADVERTISEMENT

Football Deuce Lea

MMVandySavage

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2018
I generally like Deuce Lea. He's smart, detailed in his approach, and believes in continuous learning and improvement. I don't doubt his work ethic and his will to try to win at VU.

I also think there is an above average chance right now that he will never take VU to a winning bowl game or achieve an SEC winning season. (I know - not a huge leap)

There's a famous quote about coaches and it goes something like this - 'All coaching is - is taking a player where he can't take himself'.

This is a blind spot right now for Deuce and if he can't figure it out by end of year 2 - the chance of failure goes way up.

Lea has some hard choices to make in the offseason. He definitely needs to take a fresh look at the offense and make some program changes. We're not going to win with any regularity running CBJ or Ludwig's offense. Neither produced SEC winning records. There were some improvements over the last 5 games as Chris highlighted, but not many - and not many ones of importance to winning CFB games.

For everyone who says we didn't have enough talent this year - ok - maybe so, but what changes in 2022 and 2023? There is not a single recruit so far this year who is an absolute game changer. It's not the way it works at Vandy.

I get the culture stuff - it's important - but Tim Corbin baseball is not SEC football. It's just not the same.

It's not so much that we finished 2-10. This year was always a train wreck for many previously discussed reasons. I predicted 3-9. It's just the WAY we played - the way we didn't adapt well. The lack of emotion.

Life is short, break the rules.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News