ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Mason Positives

sbutleriv

Sub-lieutenant
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2010
I am desperately trying to find some reason to stay invested in Vanderbilt Football (and this site now that Chris won’t “pile on”). I used to root for Vandy because I wanted a “great guy” like Derek Mason to win. I think it’s clear after the Kentucky press conference Mason is more of an average character guy.

So now I am left with a team led by a coach who is just a dude; whose press conferences are literally incomprehensible (I mean yes all the individual words can be understood but they rarely come together to make an intelligible point); who has openly admitted to not expecting to win most of the time; and an AD who has fully embraced his coach’s expectations and attitude. Why would anyone root for this team?

Why would any football player come to this school?

I always thought Vanderbilt football players were bad asses, but I honestly have to question anyone who wants to play for a coach that is not a good role model (never accepts responsibility), doesn’t expect to win, hasn’t demonstrated any competency at his task, and is unwilling to change. In the past one could at least argue if the players weren’t getting the best football instruction, they were at least getting solid lessons in character, etc., but that seems like it is out the window as well.

Reactions: 9seroduv
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News