ADVERTISEMENT

Classical Redemption

JOSEPH WHEELER

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2018
The Cosmos
I love stories of "Classical Redemption". The true story of JD Thompson going from being vilified by all the Vandy hater TV network talking heads to the current SEC Pitcher Of The Week in less than a month is the stuff that would make a great made for NETFLIX movie.

I will never believe that JD "knowingly" broke the "substance abuse" rule. Did he put rosin on his forearm? Yes. Did he have on sunscreen? Probably, he's a fair skinned blond working in bright sunshine. Is rosin sticky? Yes, and it's allowed and has been for decades. Is rosin on top of sunscreen sticky? Yes, well duh !!!. The current MLB rule interpretation as of April 2023 is "Players may not INTENTIONALLY combine rosin with other substances to create ADDITIONAL tackiness. The issue, then, is not the substance; it's the stickiness". So how does an SEC official in another state, on a phone line, determine the degree of "tackiness/stickiness" ???

I applaud JD for silencing "most" of his critics with a spectacular pitching performance against the much ballyhooed ut bawls. His forearm and fingers gesture toward the visitor's dugout after the 6th inning was "CLASSIC REDEMPTION".

ANCHOR DOWN YOUNG MAN !!!!!!!!! (That's 9 exclamation marks. One for each ut batter JD struck out on Sunday)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News