Chris Lee?

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by CJDore, Jan 14, 2016.

1. CJDore

Expand Collapse

I really enjoyed Chris' show on 560AM and hated that his show was cancelled. I know that Chris does work here but is there any word of him returning to radio?

2. DoreMit

DoreMit Lieutenant, junior grade
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

@chrislee_70 Chris has a great podcast you can listen to each day.

3. CJDore

Expand Collapse

Thanks DoreMit.....enjoy Chris's broadcasts and hope he returns to the radio airwaves soon.

4. Chris Lee

Chris Lee Admiral
    Staff
    Expand Collapse

I don't have any plans to get back into radio, for a number of reasons. I would never rule it out for sure under the right circumstance, but I'll never go back to 560 barring a sale to new ownership, and though I've had some interest from other stations, the conversation always starts with, "Sure, we're love to have you, it costs $500 an hour to be on air..." at which point I lose interest... that's what radio has basically become, and I don't have the stomach to take that kind of risk, and I never liked being a salesman any more than I had to.

I miss the audience and the interaction, but it's just not the right situation for me anymore... basically unless someone comes to me and wants to underwrite the whole thing and then some to make it worth my time, I won't pursue it.

5. CJDore

Expand Collapse

So radio industry is so hurting now that you have to pay them to work at the station? I wouldn't bite on that either.

Dore likes this.
  6. reaganvu

reaganvu Sub-lieutenant
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Got to say i like the podcast better.