ADVERTISEMENT

CBB Coaching Grades

rickgivens

Lieutendant Commander
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2013
Matt Norlander posted his CBB coaching grades 4 years after hire. Here's his comments on Stack. All seems reasonable to me. Of note, he calls Vandy "one of the three toughest jobs in the conference", which all things considered on today's landscape, I think I now agree with. I certainly wouldn't have 5 years ago. Of note, Nate Oats got a B+. Musselman got an A-. Buzz Williams got a B.

"Not an easy one to grade here. When he got the job, Stackhouse was the rare man who inherited a power-conference team that had gone winless in league play the year before. He's done a solid job in pushing Vandy back into SEC competitiveness as of late. Overall, the school is 61-69 (.469) the last four years. In the SEC, Stackhouse is 24-46 at one of the three toughest jobs in the conference, having finished 11th, 13th and 14th in his first three years, but tying for fourth last season. Though he came close in March, he still hasn't made an NCAA Tournament. Vandy's 4-2 in the past two NITs. He needs a star to get the team back to relevance. He's also been attached to the Raptors opening, but I believe he'll be back in Nashville for Year 5. Grade: C+.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News