ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Bubble Hosts and Vandy SR opponents

VandyJunior2

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nashville, Tennessee
With our win last night I'm firmly convinced we are either the #1 or #2 seed in the NCAAT.
This means we'll be matched with either the #15 or #16 seed for a Super Regional.

With that in mind I'm tracking the bubble hosts the next few days.

Baseball America is updating their projections on a daily basis and, through Wednesday's games, had moved us up to #1 overall seed where we remain today. d1baseball's last projection was Monday and they've not updated to my knowledge. They still had us at #2 and UCLA #1.

Here's their bubble hosts:
BA
16. LSU
15. Miami
14. UCSB
13. NC State

d1
16. UCSB
15. Miami
14. A&M
13. NC State

NC State has been hot of late so I'm thinking they won't move down any.
While A&M has good pitching they can't hit worth a flip. We also have good pitching but we can also hit. They won the series at their place this year but only because we fumbled away game 2 when we had the game won. The SR would be at our place, however, so I feel OK with that.

LSU would not be good because they'd take over The Hawk for the SR. That's the only reason I wouldn't want to play them, however. They aren't that good and their pitching is mostly a mess.
NOTE: Part of their "taking over" would be incessant "Geaux Tigers" and "LSU .. LSU .. LSU" cheers which they encourage. We, on the other hand, discourage our people from whistling or cheering or otherwise making excessive noise and, heaven forbid, don't stand up during the game because you might block the view of those who never stand up. Just read the threads on The Whistler if you don't believe me.

I know little about Miami except that Florida beat them this year in their series back when Florida was even worse than they are now. Against Top 25 they are 3-9. We are 14-7. Against Top 50 they are 13-13. We are 27-8. I don't fear them at all.

I know nothing of UCSB except that their bid to host offers Las Vegas as the site, not their campus or city. That tells me a lot about them. They are 44-8 overall, but get this, they are 0-0 against Top 25 and only 3-0 against Top 50 (#47 to be exact.) It's hard to tell if they are any good or not since they haven't played anybody that's good. Their SOS is #160 out of 299 total teams. Color me unimpressed.

Reactions: VUMatt23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News