ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance the rest of the season - Anything that VU can do?

Friedas_Boss

Admiral
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Through 2 games, I believe we got to see the problem with selling out all of our season tickets on the cheap to opposing fans.

For Va Tech: The Bama, UT and UTjr fans sold all of their tickets online and Hokie fans gobbled them all up. It appeared as though they bought 20,000 or so on the secondary market, we had 8k or so and 2k or so went unused.

For Alcorn: We had a great crowd. Tickets were either super cheap or free, VU did a great job of making sure parents had tickets for parents weekend and gave out tickets to former VU athletes. That was the most Black and Gold I’ve seen in that stadium since the Wake Forest game in Franklin’s last year.

Bama, you’re next: Is there anything that can be done by VU to make sure it isn’t 10-1 Bama to Vandy fans? Only VU knows how many season tickets they normally sell (aka how many VU fans bought tickets) vs how many they sold vs how many seats remain.

Ball State: This one will be interesting because it comes after 3 straight SEC grinders (at Mizzou, Bama and at UK). If we win 1 of those 3, the Ball St game will be packed. If not, probably only the die hards again.

Texas: Same as above

Carl’s Jr: This is a home game against an SEC foe where we need to outnumber our opponent.

UTjr: I guess my fear is that we have a solid team and still can’t get 5k Vandy fans to this game.

Overall, what can Vandy do to make sure we have enough supply for the demand for tickets from VU fans? I do think reaching out to former VU athletes is smart. There are a lot of them and they are Vandy fans. Make those tickets non transferable and give them 2 if we have them.

Will Vandy do something like that for Bama, Texas and UTjr or will they (have they already) just chase more money from opposing fans?

Any ideas or thoughts?

PS: Obviously, winning is the key and I think it’s mostly too late to do anything to help this season but… We only have Pavia for 1 year which is why I wanted to brainstorm to see if there is anything that can be done to give the team a few more fans for the 3 other big games?!?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.