ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone listen to coach's show?

jbgoldrush

Lieutenant
Aug 25, 2006
Mason said the team is "all over the place." As I listened to him explain what happened I noticed he was all over the place in his explanations. I just don't think he is realistic. At one point he said, "We are our own worst enemy." "We did more to hurt us than anything else."

Fact is, they manhandled us. OM is more talented than they are given credit for. They've recruited well and it will take a few years and some NCAA penalties for them to come down to our level of talent. But in spite of their current talent other SEC teams have manhandled them.

Think about all the things we do poorly: we don't tackle well, we don't take good angles, we don't pass protect well, we don't punt well, we don't cover punts well, we don't cover kickoffs well, we don't run the ball well though we were much better today. We don't create turnovers. We don't deflect passes. We don't have game breakers. We don't communicate well. Sometimes we don't get lined up on D in time. The best thing we do is kickoff through the end zone. We throw it decently but many times our receives still struggle to get separation. Today was the best our run game has looked. We might have scored 45-50 points if our D could have gotten off the field. I don't think the D does anything well. And I don't think our coaches are doing anything well on a consistent basis either. There may be one more win on the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News