ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Another coaching name and new staff info

David Sisk

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
Another hire that you will hear about eventually that is going to be on the staff will be Andy Fox. He is currently the Director of Operations at Louisiana Tech and was originally at Tulane under Ed Conroy. If you will remember, Conroy and Jerry Stackhouse are very good friends.

I'm not sure the job title that Fox will have at Vandy. It could very well be Director of Operations as well, but I expect him to be out on the road next weekend along with Stackhouse and David Grace. That brings us to another subject. It appears that Malcolm Turner is trying to bring the basketball program into 2019. He is adding staff spots and that is great news.

I have been told this evening that besides the three assistant spots, there could be two special assistants, a Director of Scouting, a Video Coordinator, plus the Director of Operations, Strength Coach and others. Expect a lot bigger staff.

Two other things I have heard this evening. 1) The odds are looking more and more like Simi Shittu will return which I believe we all think is a wise decision. 2) Aaron Nesmith could test the draft waters, but if he does will have full intentions on returning.

I expect to hear a lot more in the next few days now that things are starting to get off the ground.

Let me add one more thing via the edit. I have heard that they are using the Eric Mussleman/Nevada staff and program construction as a model.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News