ADVERTISEMENT

2-1 “You are what your record says you are”

doresontop

Midshipman
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2020
Saturday night was an extremely disappointing game and the frustration on the board is understandable.

Bill Parcells used to say “You are what your record says you are”.

The reality is from all the good, bad, and otherwise between the first 3 games. This is a 2-1 football team and I can live with that.

As excited as everyone was about the VT game, it easily could have gone the other way. Vanderbilt should not lose a game to an inferior opponent such as Ga St. It is inexcusable just like Notre Dame shouldn't lose to Northern Illinois or VT shouldn't lose to Vanderbilt. Upsets happen every week in college football and it is generally because the better team was not prepared or makes mistakes.

Clark Lea told CJ Taylor during the inside SEC show that the season is going to come down to about 6 plays on defense. They made the play in overtime against VT and they didn't with 15 seconds left against Ga St.

Like Joey said, success is seldom linear.

As upsetting as Saturday was, I still believe this team is different and will respond differently than after the UNLV game last year. I think this will be a successful season which is defined as winning multiple games in the SEC and going to a bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.