ADVERTISEMENT

Who provided the blueprint ???

JOSEPH WHEELER

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2018
The Cosmos
Although I'm very disappointed in the results of the UK vs VU baseball games this weekend, I must admit that as a fan of the game overall; I see something very familiar going on. This UK team is like a mirror image of those great VandyBoys teams from 10 years ago.

My gosh, it's as if there's a decade old VandyBoys doppelganger dressed in blue up in Lexington. They are without question the most complete baseball team I've seen this year. They don't rely strictly on "gorilla ball" or questionable rolled bats. There's been NO rumors of that BS with this team. What I see is a dynamic and motivated head coach (who paid his dues), excellent recruiting (reflects positively on the coaching staff), more than adequate pitching, excellent hitting, moderate power hitting, brilliant base running (speed), players schooled in the tactics of "small ball", brotherhood in the dug out, DISCIPLIN, DETERMINATION, and DESIRE.

Tim Corbin provided the template, and the 2014 VandyBoys must have created the blueprints.

Maybe we need rethink, recycle, recreate, reincarnate, and/or resurrect OUR model of what college baseball is all about; or we turn "da cats" into the Honor Council for suspected plagiarism/copying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News