ADVERTISEMENT

What is the answer? How do you fix this

BMR17

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2020
Driving home with my dad and we discussed this. Long post but just getting all my comments out there

What is the answer? How do you fix Vandy football? Is there an answer? Is it really as simple as hiring the right coach? Heck, see Kansas and UT and Oregon and TCU.. they hit HR in the coaching hires.

But we have Lea right now and I doubt he gets fired any time soon. So, How do you recruit kids here. What is the sell? Heading in to next year we will have a 29 game conference losing streak. TWENTY NINE STRAIGHT CONFERENCE LOSSES

and don't give me the 4 years for 40 pitch. This is SEC football. HS Kids that come to the SEC want to win and make the NFL. They can get the education that they want (and a decent one, this isn't an education knock on any school) at any SEC school.
How do you get coaches to want to come here? How do you get fans to the games? Students? (answer there is just win).

The only sell I can think of for a kid is playing time. Can you imagine taking a visit to Vandy and then being at Bama/LSU/UGA/UT the next week? How would ANYONE ever pick Vandy? and I know we will never recruit vs those teams but heck, make it UK/USC/Mizzou/etc.

"Hey man, yeah we've lost 26 straight P5 games but you can help turn it around" - yeah, hard pass.

I don't know the answer. If I am being truthful and honest, there is no answer. We are what we are. Take away 3 seasons in my lifetime (35 years), and Vandy football is what Vandy football is. I don't see any path that gets us to making bowl games on a consistent basis. May be harsh but, I don't see it

Last comment - we will not win an SEC game this year. Clark Lea will be 0-16 in SEC games going in to year 3. What do you do as an AD when you fired a previous coach for Literally doing the same thing and not winning a conference game? What team can we beat next year? Maybe Mizzou at home?

It's amazing anyone is still a fan of this program. Apathy is a program death penalty and the apathy around this football team is at an all time high.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News