ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Wednesday notes: December 14th

JustinAngel

Admiral
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2013
- Harvard corner Alex Washington recently picked up the Vanderbilt offer. I reached out to him, and he had this to say about the offer.

"The things I like about Vandy is of course the quality of competition that I would be going against in the SEC. I like the education and the close proximity to my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama."

Washington currently has offers from Vanderbilt, Duke, Boston College, and Iowa. Virginia is another school in the mix and will get a visit.

"I’ve just visited Boston College so far. I'm coming to Vandy this weekend. Right now, I’m also planning on taking an official to Virginia during the first weekend of January," said Washington.

- To recap from yesterday, Vanderbilt told 4-star Jordan Louie that they were full at the RB position. All signs point to running back target Deago Benson as the third running back as he officially visited Vanderbilt this past weekend. If not Benson, the Commodore coaching chose to take a back out of the portal.

- Vanderbilt offered 2023 defensive end DeeJay Holmes yesterday. The 6-foot-3 and 230-pound prospect recently picked up an offer from Colorado as well. He has an explosive first step that could could translate into a solid pass rush. It's late in the process, we will see if he visits soon.

Other defensive end prospects that Vanderbilt has targeted: Taje McCoy (committed to Colorado), Jacob Cruz (Georgia Tech commit) and Ezra Odinjor (hasn't officially visited yet).

- We expect Clark Lea to visit Ka'Morreun Pimpton this week in an attempt to keep the long time commitment in the class. Pimpton visited LSU this past weekend. Vanderbilt would like Pimpton to not visit Texas this weekend.

- Vanderbilt made some in-home visits last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News