ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Wednesday coaching search thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
I've spent a lot of my morning and afternoon trying to gather clarity on what's going on with the search. It seems to be a quiet day and I'm having some trouble knowing what new and meaningful info to pass along but here are some things of interest:

- If I had to pick one person and say "this guy is the next coach," it would probably be Chris Mack, but I'm less confident than I was a day ago.
- I think if Candice could get who she wants, it would be South Florida's Amir Abdur-Rahim. Obviously he's been a terrific coach and I hear glowing things about him as a person, too, but he's also been able to recruit to places with next to no admissions standards and is more of a find-talent-and-roll-the-ball-out-there guy like Bryce Drew was, and the thought is that might not work. (A source also tells me he has "no interest" in the Vanderbilt job, so, there's also that, ha.)
- The big question I have is, who is really leading the search process? Is it Candice, and she'll filter out the candidates and then come to Diermeier with a recommendation for his approval? Or is Diermeier leading it the entire way? I think it's the former but I'm not entirely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News