ADVERTISEMENT

Watched my first entire game this year last night

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
A good, solid, much needed win. Especially if they want to be in play for the NIT. They needed this one badly.

But, man, did they try to blow it.

First, the bad.........

Lawrence started the boneheadedness up 7 or 8 late, he got the defensive rebound and dribbled it off of his own foot out of bounds. A chance to go up double digits and eat up some clock in the process gone.

Then (I don't remember the exact order of things) Manjon misses the front end of a one and one, Stute elbows someone in the chest bringing the ball up the court for an easy offensive foul, Robbins lets a guard take the ball away from him after a defensive rebound.... every one of these resulted in points for Pitt. That last couple of minutes was a clinic on how to lose a game.

Now, the good.......

You gotta give these cats credit for winning the game, especially Lawrence. After he dribbled off of his foot, he hit a big three and two absolutely clutch, game winning free-throws with basically no time left on the clock. He's becoming who we hoped he would be.

Robbins is a beast. What do you do to a beast? Feed him. Give him the damn ball more, dude is a stud.

Stute. Best shooter and has the attitude you need at least one guy on a team to have. But, he's also going to do something stupid every game. Just have to live with it.

Wright is who we thought, glue guy that does a little bit of everything, team MVP imo.

QMB. Ditto Wright, minus the team MVP part.

Manjon is a pretty good on the ball defender and has a nice midrange game. WORK ON YOUR FT's!! You're a PG, you're going to get fouled late, don't be a liability!

Dort. WTH!! We have another Festus!! Not ready yet, but man, this dude reminds me so much of Festus athleticly and physically. Excited to watch this kid develop.

Ansong. A less talented Wright, but, definitely has a role.

TT. Our microwave. He's going to win us a couple when he's on, lose us a couple when he's not.

Bottom line, I see potential in this team, but first things first, gotta stop the dumb stuff. When you're this limited of a team talent wise, you HAVE to play smart. We didn't last night, Lawrence just bailed us out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News