ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Varys was always my favorite character

NashNative615

Admiral
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2020
Take it for what it is worth-
I have moved my expectation to Jerry being fired/mutual agreement to 9.99998 out of 10

The same person who told me Clark would not make any staff changes last year is saying it a done deal. The Stackhouse era is over.

The same booster who told me about the nil push a few weeks before the word got out like wildfire (which I shared privately with others) has said the buyout is handled, and he expects the university to move on. 8.4 million is what he believes it is based on remaining calendar year then the remaining years. He does not believe Stackhouse will step aside: who would? 8 million is a lot of money no matter who you are.

I do not believe the UT game was the final nail in the coffin. Media messaging on the topic has changed a lot this week and not just on rivals. I shared this info with others in DMs before the game but wanted to wait to talk to someone before going public. Maybe winning the UT game gets a couple chest compressions of life.

I do not think CSL’s seat is hot. I do believe she will be making the decision about the next coach. I do believe feelers have been sent out through a third party. My gut says the next coach will fit a more traditional Vandy basketball coach schematically.

Vandy basketball nil is not lacking. It’s per player potential is more competitive than football. Between the facility update and a good nil network, I think Vandy will have a strong list of candidates.

This is gossip/rumors/not media reporting. Just sharing what I have heard.

If Jerry remains after this season, it will be chaos caused by BIG money boosters/former players. I wouldn’t be stunned to see a major shakeup in the athletic department caused by the serious ramifications and the chancellor having to step in.

varys.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.