ADVERTISEMENT

Too harsh on Clark Lea

Doresalum

Lieutenant, junior grade
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2017
I've read some of the posts on here, and they make no sense to me. We lost to a team that was favored by two touchdowns on the road. We lost to a team that has been to lots of recent bowl appearances. We looked absolutely horrible, and really, we have all year (especially for year three), but it's not fair to turn on a coach that quickly. This time last year, people were ready to give up on the Hoops team. Then Stackhouse won 80 games in a row or whatever our streak was. I'm not saying we'll do the same here. The team that played the last three games is going to have a tough time this year. But I have some amount of faith that Coach Lea will salvage a 5 or 6 win season still. While the only game we'll be favored against is UNLV, other than Georgia and maybe Ole Miss, there's no game on our schedule where the team we're going to play has looked outstanding. Missouri beat MTSU by 4. UT couldn't get past Austin Peay for a half. Kentucky squeaked past Eastern Kentucky. Auburn looked mediocre against Cal. USC is struggling. Can't tell much about Florida yet, but they're not Georgia. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm disappointed in our play, I'm disappointed in our coaching, but we're 2-1 when the odds say we should be 2-1. Let's see what happens before rushing to judgment.

On an unrelated note, but not worthy of a separate post, it's telling how many of our former secondary players are at other schools (and, how they're doing). Donovan Kaufman was the second leading tackler at Auburn last night. Ja'Dais Richard seemed to be buried on the bench at Miami (which is doubly unfortuante). Brendon Harris scored a touchdown. Gabe Jeudy-Lally was one of the top tacklers for UT (and got a sack). I wonder how many of those four would have earned playing time with us last night. Hard to see how 2-3 of those wouldn't have started or played meaningful minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News