ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Corbin

vandymick7

Sub-lieutenant
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2020
There has been lots of talk about Coach and the portal, etc. I have some thoughts which may be totally wrong but I wonder----relationships have always seemed to be important to Coach Corbin. He has always valued his relationship with his players, helping boys he recruits become terrific young men. He has always felt that relationships teammates have with one another, supporting one another, becoming a team striving toward a common goal was important. Coach Corbin has brought talented players to Vanderbilt and he has developed that talent and won championships with it. But I think it has been the building of relationships that has been his strength and the strength of the program. Now, with the "buy a player for a year" approach, building those types of relationships is much more difficult. This current system just does not fit Coach Corbin's personality or philosophy. However, perseverance is yet another quality you will find in Coach. So, I suspect he will be around for a while longer. He will figure out a way to stay true to his philosophy and his values and still have a championship level program under the current system of portal and NIL. However, in no way am I giving up on this season as I still feel this team can win. Let's all continue to support this team as we look forward as well to future teams with Coach Corbin leading the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News