ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tim Beck Scheme Notes Pt. 3

MLDore02

Silver Member
Jul 26, 2023
The more I watch the more I realize how vital TE and RB blocking will be both on the LOS and downfield. These blocks make or break plays. Also Tim Beck seems to be really good at putting players in the best position for them to succeed with their skill set. In one ingenious play, the slot receiver motioned across the formation, the QB faked it to him and than ran it back the other way. The slot receiver peeled around behind him and ran outside of him for an option pitch. Beck loves to use motion to widen the anchor points and he loves to take shots to his big receivers whenever he can get one on one matchups. And the more safety’s get sucked into the box for run support the more one on one opportunities there are. I went ahead and watched some Nate Johnson high school film and he’s not just a straight line speed guy. He is elusive and lightning fast and stronger than he looks. He broke quite a few tackles in high school and broke a ton of ankles. Beck does typically have a slow paced, rushing attack offense, but he shows ability to execute two minute drill offense when needed and plays hurry up on occasion. Beck seems to be a big matchup guy. Guys like Loic Fouonji, Jeremiah Dillon, and even Deago Benson with their verified elite speed could very well have plays drawn up for them. This is a huge offseason for all the RB’s, and I’m very curious to see who will emerge as top dog in a room where Beck would like to spread the carries around if possible. Speaking of Deago Benson, this offense is much closer schematically to what he played in high school and I wonder if he will not make a big jump and be a major contributor this year with his size speed combo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News