ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday's practice report

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
Okay… the plan today was to do a lot of watching in the scrimmage portion and giving you some details of what went on.
That absolutely got blown up three plays in.
There was some sort of altercation between a couple of players, and then a few more guys jumped in in an unhelpful manner and coach Clark Lea about lost his mind, at which point there was a lot of running and up-downs and other assorted conditioning-related stuff, and then practice ended 15 minutes early and Lea addressed that in about the first four minutes of the video with us.
So, since there wasn’t much to evaluate today, I’ll give you some big-picture stuff, starting with how I think the two-deep depth chart will end this spring.

OFFENSE
QB Swann/Seals
RB P. Smith/Gillespie
WR Sheppard/Walker
WR Skinner/Carter
WR McGowan/Wilson Long
TE Spence/Ball
LT Hansen/Nelson
LG Castillo/Harber
C Hernandez/Morgan
RG Ashmore/Pitchford
RT Uzebu/Nelson

Notes:
  • I’m not entirely sure about the backup spot at right guard, and I think Kevo Wesley could be working some there too.
  • I also am not sure if Nelson will back up both tackles, I’ve missed some time recently and will keep an eye on that a little more. Charlie Clark has also been getting some worth at LT.
  • At WR, Jayden McGowan and Will Sheppard have been both working their way back from things and have been limited at times, particularly, McGowan.
  • I wasn’t there Tuesday but apparently they officially anointed AJ Swann as the starting QB, which his no surprise.
  • The only early enrollee on offense is RB Sedrick Alexander, which isn’t new news but just wanted to put that out there for anyone who missed it.
  • Jake Ketschek is out with injury and will miss most/all of 2023. Ketschek might have been the backup at RT.
DEFENSE
DE Clifton/Agu
DT Davis/Outtara
DT James/Lee
Star DiCosmo/Diakate
LB Kane Patterson/Langston Patterson
LB Barr/Cowan
Anchor CJ Taylor/Crisp
CB Richard/Berry
CB Anderson/Gaskins
FS Mahoney/Sannienola
SS De’Rickey Wright/Howse

Notes:
- There were three plays in the scrimmage today before it was halted, Aeneas DiCosmo had a sack on the first play and Brayden Bapst on the second.
- I saw Miles Capers out there today but not participating in practice, though doing some light stuff on the side, Capers would have started at the star position last year if not for a preseason knee injury.
  • The only two early enrollees out there on defense are Ethan Crisp and Jailen Ruth.
  • Not sure how this translates but DB Taco Wright was clearly the best-conditioned player on the team in the punishment phase of practice today.
There’s a scrimmage on Saturday morning, I or someone from our staff will try to be there and bring you some insight we weren’t able to bring today by the nature of the practice plan changing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News