ADVERTISEMENT

This board

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoreFan

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2003
is making me laugh so hard. Well, I shouldn’t say laugh because it’s not funny.

Didn't watch the game and didn’t have to watch it. The folks who we are staying with wanted to watch the Florida - Tennessee game, which was particularly enjoyable.

So many of you care so much, I really feel for you.

Complaining about Lynch, who is a terrible OC. Complaining about OL, which is terrible. Complaining about the head coach, who is just plain not a winner. He played under a loser who left the team before that one season began and left us with the turkey inseminator. It tells you all you need to know that Lea had him back to visit.

I feel for all of you who were living and dying with every up and down. I used to be EXACTLY like you. I read through parts of the game thread, but I could not stand to read it all. I don’t know the player’s names (well, other than Swann), but I could see when Vanderbilt did something good and bad. I really feel for you all. The bottom line is that the outcome was already decided long before today. I told everyone we made a bad hire, but everyone loved Clark Lea and his monotone coach speak. He’s another Corbin you all said.

Chadwell and Leipold - two proven winning head coaches - wanted the job. The Chancellor, who knows nothing about big time football, made that hire. We are stuck with Lea, and we all know that his mentor was too loyal to coordinators, even when it’s obvious that our coordinators sucked. Lea will be no different, and we are completely stuck with him and Lynch for two more seasons at least.

I wish I could make you all not care as I do not care. You will have to arrive at your own conclusions. Until we can hire a real football coach, I will voice my opinion the only way I can: by refusing to watch or attend games. That’s the only thing they will notice. Embrace apathy regarding VU football. Your lives will be much better, and maybe you can help bring about change. Don’t continue to be an enabler. Stay home and do something else. You’ll wonder what took you so long to cut the cord attached to the millstone that is Vanderbilt football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News