ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Stack is ready for a fight...

1StarBandit

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2014
Everywhere
For Athletic subscribers. Very good read from Rexrode.

https://theathletic.com/2379590/202...ackhouse-is-up-for-a-fight-but-can-he-win-it/

One snippet for non-subscribers:

"As for the job he’d allegedly like to bolt and treats as a semi-retirement, let’s just dunk on that whole idea and move on to questions that merit exploration. Sure, Stackhouse could leave for another job at some point. But this is his proving ground. And the notion of anything but full immersion and investment in Vanderbilt should be dismissed by watching the Commodores play. Or by hearing coaches from other programs, and I’ve heard two, express their surprise at how many offensive sets this team runs, well, and different from game to game. Or by the story of Stackhouse’s 2019 interview with Malcolm Turner (then the AD) and Candice Lee (then deputy AD, now AD) in which they kept handing him paper, sheet after sheet, while he scribbled samples of his basketball vision. Or by the fact that Stackhouse mics and records himself during every practice, then comes home to analyze both the practice and his coaching of the practice."

I've told others, I've never wanted a coach at Vanderbilt to succeed more than I want CJS to succeed, because I think his ceiling as a coach is Corbin-esque. (Maybe not the nattys, but in the quality of person he is and would make our kids).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News