ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Stack is done, he’s quit.

Friedas_Boss

Admiral
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
I always thought this was a five year deal for him, and truthfully, I thought he would get this team to the NCAA and leave. I do think he’s done here though, it’ll be more of the get fired / quit variety.

He should have never been hired in the first place. The guy has some coaching ability but what he lacks is the basic understanding that no matter what, your identity needs to be defense and rebounding, and then taking care of the basketball. If your identity is defense and limiting your opponents to one shot per possession, you’re going to win a lot of ball games. Whether your shots are going down or not, you have that lynchpin to rely on every single game.

We got some terrible breaks injury wise this season, we can all acknowledge that, but the defense and the rebounding haven’t been there all season long. Some of that is personnel, but a lot of that is just the identity, the core dna of who you are as a team.

We’re going to learn a lot about Jerry Stackhouse as a man over the next 22 games but tonight it looked like he quit.

And no offense to @Chris Lee, who does a great job with this site and all of his sourced information, but I’d bet a lot of money that they will fire Stackhouse at the end of this season if he doesn’t make the NCAA Tournament. I simply do not believe that they will allow him to coach here another year. The gym is embarrassing, and while that’s probably primarily on the Athletic Department as a whole, the fact that the remaining fanbase has checked out on the head coach has to be a factor.

That was a pathetic performance tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News