ADVERTISEMENT

Some things that I mean when I say checking boxes

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
I know people wonder what I mean when I say checking boxes.

Some of it is the diversity thing. Anyone that isn’t aware of how big that is to Vanderbilt, hasn't been paying attention. Fwiw, I couldn't care less about that, one way or the other. If a black coach, a hispanic coach, or an asian coach, gets the job, as long as he looks qualified to be an SEC coach, I'll back him. But, he needs to have actually coached college basketball before, at some level that invloves recruiting and running a program. Stack was a STUPID hire from the jump, and I am proud to say that I was against it from day one. Just a stupid hire.

There are other "boxes" that Vanderbilt likes too, besides diversity.

One is the "Vanderbilt Way". This can mean getting alumni (VBK, Lea) or just getting someone that has private university experience. Either way, it translates to not rocking the boat, and staying in your lane and out of the way of the administration with your petty sports problems. This is why, since Stallings and Franklin, they have been going 100% after people that back down to them, because those two didn't, and it wasn't a pleasant experience for the powers that be.

We have chosen to pull for the weirdest run athletic program in the country, and I don't know that they're going to ever change. History says that they won’t, we will see.

Anyways, just trying to clarify my thinking a little.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News