ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Saturday morning thoughts

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
In the event that what happened this week through reporting elsewhere about Stackhouse returning wasn't Occam's razor (you know who you are!), I'd keep an eye on tonight and tomorrow to see what happens.

If Vanderbilt is intending to make a coaching change and has some competency about what it is doing, it would typically make a move sometime Saturday or Sunday and get moving towards nailing down a coach immediately, and perhaps have a coach next week.

So if nothing happens today or tomorrow, either they're not making a change or they are and don't have the competency that others schools have in how it's done to maximize your pool of candidates.

The other possibility is a Stephanie White situation where they make the correct decision long after the fact based on attrition, at which point the candidate pool has really shrunk.

Also, Washington has made a move with Mike Hopkins and so I'd expect Washington State's Kyle Smith (mentioned with Vanderbilt should there be an opening) to be involved there.

That's all I've got this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News