ADVERTISEMENT

Football Practice thoughts from Saturday

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
Again, I'm not entirely sure what I can say and what I can't and the head media relations guy wasn't there tonight so I couldn't really clarify that. So anyway...

- The biggest development in camp that I think I can comment on is that I've not seen LB Ethan Barr anywhere. There was no media availability tonight to ask Clark Lea about it and there won't be any tomorrow. And I know it wasn't an oversight; I had a checklist of the entire roster and looked all over the field with binoculars and he was nowhere to be found either day.

I did check his Twitter, he still lists himself as a Vanderbilt football player, though FWIW it looks as if he hasn't tweeted or re-tweeted since July 24.

- It was (I think) the same guys in red jerseys as yesterday, and in addition to that, three scholarship players--WR Ezra McAllister, DL Derek Green and TE Joey DeCoursey--were riding stationary bikes for most of practice.

- DB De'Rickey Wright was also not participating and doing light work-outs alone.

- OL Jonathan Stewart's number has changed from his listed 76 to 73.

- In the "FWIW" department, Alex Rodriguez (yes, A-Rod) was on campus today. What he was doing and why he was there, I don't know.

- I've got plenty more observations, I'm just reading all the rules Vanderbilt's put out and they're written in a way that everything else I may want to write might be a violation of that. So I guess I'll just hold off for tonight. And again, I think I'll be able to share a lot more when we write our season player preview thumbnails and so I'm taking a bunch of notes and saving them all for when that day comes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News