ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Question re best options for places to live in/around Nashville

88Buster

Captain
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2005
Some of you saw my posts regarding my family's likely need to relocate back to the US due to my wife's illness. I am starting to do some research on the best places for us and Nashville metro will make the short list. I last lived in Nashville in 1979, so I basically no nothing about the metro area as it exists today. My question for any members interesting in providing advice is what places would you suggest based on the following criteria:

-We want to live among diverse, but relatively like-minded people. I'd call us moderates who lean conservative on economic issues and liberal on social issues. We will be 67 and 70 years old next year.

-We will have some limitations on mobility (I literally haven't driven a car in the 5 years we have lived outside the US), so we would prefer a community that has some type of central business, dining, entertainment area rather than a largely suburban bedroom community. We currently live in a very urban area and love it, but I assume desirable urban areas in Nashville likely skew much, much younger.

-As my wife is going to need health care, nearby high-quality medical facilities will be important

-Pretty much have to have a one-story home or single level condo to accommodate my wife's limitations.

-We would be comfortable spending up to $900k.

I'd appreciate anyone who wants to chime in on areas that I should research in the Nashville metro area based on the above. Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News