ADVERTISEMENT

Football Now that the renderings are out….the real tea can be sipped

NashNative615

Admiral
Dec 11, 2020
I waited to share this information since it’s mainly in house bickering and I’m sure if you talked to 10 people within the university you would get 10 different answers.

1. DD and ADCSL have gotten into “intense” conversations about athletes getting early registration. DD will not budge on this. He does not believe this is a big enough issue to be publicly dealt with. He doesn’t want to kick the hornets nest.

2. There was a massive academic staff/admin push back at the initial release of a 300 million phase one budget. And that it wasn’t in line with the universities mission. They pushed for simply a 100 million budget that was strictly fundraised. No matching or putting in university funds. There was a point where DD was seeking to compromise at 200 million, but the athletic department managed to push back. Some academic admin have left the school in protest. Some well known names others you wouldn’t know unless you were in their class.

3. Most of the delays have been caused by DD and his circle. Some have said it is almost coming across as intentional. Including pausing everything for minor details, and disappearing for weeks at a time when stuff is being finalized. (iE they can’t move forward without his stamp). ADCSL has her own blame in this, she won’t allow anything to be announced without all details being ironed out. It’s just how she does things and it slows down certain aspects that don’t need to be.

Again, this is all back room drama, and I’m sure there is some over exaggerating to be had. But what I can say for certain, DD, as of today will not sign on for early registration for athletes. And as a coach, and former college athlete it drives me insane.

Do with it as you please.

(My sources are mainly boosters, who love to play in the mud)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News