ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Notes from the Riverdale 7-on-7 tournament

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
Hey all, hung out at Riverdale's 7-on-7 tournament today and got quite a few updates from some of the top in-state kids. Here are a few takeaways regarding Vanderbilt commits, targets, and more.

- Talked a bit more with Sherrill about his commitment to Vanderbilt. He seemed super-happy with his decision and went a little more in-depth on his official visit. I'll have more on that in the next day or so. In terms of his performance, he hauled in a couple of deep passes today, including one for a TD against Oakland. Sherrill also has a strong upper-body and a nice frame that seems college-ready, so I wouldn't be surprised if he sees the field early when he gets to campus.

- O'Connell wasn't competing with his Page team, but he was hanging out in support. He is rising up the ranks and picked up new offers from Wisconsin, Vanderbilt, and Cincinnati during the month of June. He camped at all of those places and said that he had the best camp experiences at Wisconsin and Vanderbilt. O'Connell had a lot of great things to say about Vandy OL coach AJ Blazek and said it really felt more like a practice with the Commodores.

- Beasley released a Top 10 recently that didn't include Vanderbilt. He didn't rule out the possibility of making another trip to Vanderbilt down the road for a potential game, but it's obviously going to take a lot to land him. Notre Dame seems to be a team he really likes right now as he'll return to South Bend this fall. He's also planning to make return trips to Michigan and Penn State as well.

- Brown committed to Liberty last month after an unofficial visit with the Flames. He seems pretty contend with his decision and having the opportunity to play in a quarterback-friendly offense. I asked if there were other schools still expressing interest, he said Vanderbilt still talks to him. So, I think this will be interesting to follow as the high school season starts and Brown gets fresh film out. Obviously, an offer from Vandy would likely change things in his recruiting process. I was impressed with Brown's arm strength and decision making in their contest against Oakland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News