ADVERTISEMENT

Football Long time - How are things with Vandy?

Andrew Kerr

Lieutendant Commander
Gold Member
May 31, 2004
It has been a long minute since I visited the War Room but despite the current circumstances I am glad to be to back! Way back in the early '00s my friend Chris Lee and I got this thing (VandySports.com) going when I was finishing up as a grad assistant at VU under Bobby Johnson. I moved to DC and got busy having kids, etc. but have always attended VU games and continued to support the program since I moved back to Nashville in 2006. I have a tent in Vandyville that is sponsored by my company (FortyAU) so please stop by and say hello.

That said, I count myself lucky to have missed the game last week. My Dad is a UGA grad and brother a Clemson alum so I got a free ticket to the showdown last week and had a great time. Despite the result, I am excited to head out to the CO State this weekend - going to meet up with Wally Conyers, John Markham, Eliot Carson and a few others from the late 90's to see if we can bounce back? I know spirits are down but I am confident that Clark and his staff will rebound and continue to grow. I know ETSU is FCS but I will quibble with the argument that somehow this was worse than Temple. Coming off the Temple game we expected to continue winning after the success of the JF era. Lea inherited a team that didn't win a game so why did we expect a dramatic turn around in year one? Patience is the rarest quality among college football fans but it may be literally the ONLY advantage we have over our conference brethren. My advice, let's continue to invest in the program, enjoy the tailgate, and celebrate signs of progress when they occur.

Looking forward to seeing old friends in Ft. Collins on Saturday - Anchor Down!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News