ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Let's Play "I'm the Manager"

papahick4VU

Admiral
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2014
You've just finished watching your team lose 1-0, and decide you need to shake things up with the batting order, as it can't get much worse than what it has been over the past several games (apart from the final game against Georgia Tech, when Tech was practically throwing anybody out on the pitcher's mound). For better or for worse (and it can't get much worse), here's my line up:

1. Bradfield Jr (no-brainer; had a bad night tonight, but rarely has 2 bad games in a row; when he does get on base, though, he needs to run more than what he has lately).

2. Vaz-he's making the most consistent, positive contact as anyone right now. Get him and Bradfield Jr. on base at the same time, and pitchers will go insane.

3. Rodriguez-one of the best eyes on the team, and rarely strikes out, so with Bradfield Jr. and/or Vaz on the base paths, you can do a lot of hit and run; or, with Rodgriguez' eye, draw a walk. Downside would be the potential to hit into double plays, but that's why you would hit and run with him a lot.

4. Young-lots of pop. Has a propensity for striking out, but he showed me something tonight by being patient enough to draw two walks. Also a fairly speedy runner, so tough to double up.

5. LaNeve-bad night for him tonight, as his approach was poor. Still, for the most part he has a good eye at the plate, as well as the ability to drive in runs and hit for power.

6. Keegan- obviously has some pop, but has struggled some as well. Maybe moving him down a few slots will take some pressure off and help him relax and do his thing.

7. Noland- If Kolwyck could play, obviously he takes Noland's spot; however, I just don't see that happening; very bizarre that he would pinch hit in a pressure situation when he hasn't swung at live pitching in three weeks. So, I keep Noland in the line up and hope he is able to get on base some.

8. Thomas- The guy who drives me nuts. Tons of potential, strong, strong guy, and has come up big on occasion. However, he is more likely to approach an at-bat badly, and struggles to make decent contact a lot. Again, moving him down might relieve some pressure; I could just as easily see him batting seventh and Noland eighth, as they are interchangeable in that regard for me.

9. Gonzales- He struggles at times, for sure, but he has also come up big at times, and just recently did so in the first game at Omaha. If he does get on, then you've got the two best handlers of the bat coming up behind him.

We have very little coming off the bench, but if I'm going to list pinch hitters, they would be as follows (again, this order would change, based on righty/lefty matchups) Romero Jr. Jones, Davis. Not listing Kolwyck, as I just don't think he is available; if he can pinch hit, then why didn't he start in the field, as the word was he could field, but couldn't bat. That decision still leaves me scratching my head.

Anyway, that's what I've got. What say you? What do you like/not like about it? What would your line up look like? Please post your replies before 9 p.m. Tuesday night so that Chris can send these to CTC to help him out with our expert advice.

Reactions: cmoore83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News