ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Les Miserables

Friedas_Boss

Admiral
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Huge win tonight in Memorial. After losing game 1, we all got that, “here we go again” feeling. We got down 12 in the first half and it felt like we just had absolutely nothing on offense.

Unlike game 1 though, we were prepared and had a plan to scrap and claw our way back. As bad as Stack was in game 1, he was very good tonight. Finding the lineup of Filet, West, Lewis, Smirh and Kamateros was huge. Mixing things up defensively was huge (zone, matchup zone, trapping, back to man) too.

I think we all love Filet at this point but we also found a fan favorite tonight in Tasos Kamateros. He was amazing and a lot of fun. Tasos is a 2 guard who can help a little defensively with rebounding, but as we know, if he is forced to play center on the defensive end, we’re in huge trouble.

Isaiah West was solid but he has to be able to make shots to continue getting minutes when Lawrence comes back.

Evan Taylor and Colin Smith were both better tonight, Smith more so than Taylor. Tasos bailed those two out or we’re probably talking about them again being primary reasons why we lost.

JR-T only got 2 minutes. I wonder if he’s struggling with speed of the game right now? West certainly took most of his minutes.

JQ had a nice dunk and Presley didn’t play much.

Carter Lang only getting 15 was nice to see. He’s just not ready for this level yet.

Overall, winning this game was huge with the 3 injuries. We can see a light at the end of the tunnel after a win, a loss would have buried us for the season.

I know a lot of our fans just want to be miserable and probably aren’t even happy we won, but I am. Losing sucks and we’re still alive, with lots of basketball left and starting to identify some key roles on this team knowing we’re going to get a lot more talented soon.

I sincerely hope Les Miserables can find enough energy to make it to some games and that the team keeps getting better as we go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News