ADVERTISEMENT

Just a reminder of how awesome members of the baseball team are

papahick4VU

Admiral
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2014
My wife, who is employed at VUMC, was speaking with a co-worker on Tuesday morning. The co-worker, her husband and young son had attended the baseball game on Monday afternoon. Here's what took place:

Following the game, a large number of fans stayed to congratulate the team. There were a large number of children who were in attendance, and practically all of them had baseballs, gloves, hats, notebooks, etc. that they were hoping the players would sign. Every single player stayed to sign the items, speak to the kids, etc.

Naturally, Swanson was in extremely high demand. At one point he told everyone, "hey, I need to go and do an interview, but I will be back as soon as I am done", and he was true to his word, signing everything handed to him, and speaking with each young boy and girl.

Now, here's the even cooler part: many of these children had their own baseball cards that they got from playing on their own little league teams. Many of them had signed their own cards and were giving them to the Vanderbilt players. Without exception, each player gushed their appreciation of being given the card, asking about the position the child played, etc.

This went on until the last fan left. Talk about building goodwill within your community. I know we aren't surprised at how these young men carry themselves, but I wanted to share this story with the board just so you had something else to be proud of as a Vanderbilt fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News