ADVERTISEMENT

Give it up to the VU starters this weekend

Bighornsheep

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2004
That was 3 really really good starts. I’d have to look but that’s might be , just from a starting pitching standpoint , the best anyone has pitched against TN in a three game series. And of course Futrell was great today in a RP roll but I think of him as a starter. VU easily could have swept this weekend , evey game really came down to just a play here and there for both teams.

As I’ve said in some other posts if VU had just average hitting (and they hit into a lot of bad luck that last inning yesterday) and road defense was better than it has been, all this whining and complaining would mostly be non existent.

And all the posts about Corbs (and this comment doesn’t change if VU had of got stomped this weekend) changing or whatever. I just shake my head. It’s amazing to me both fans unrealistic expectations and if they have all the answers why aren’t they coaching and making millions and winning nattys every 2/3 yrs. Evaluate the team I’m fine with but man. I hope Corbs wants to coach another 10 yrs and if so I sure hope that is at Vanderbilt. It would go down if it wasn’t him.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News