ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops Recruiting **Gabe Dorsey commits to Vanderbilt**

David Sisk

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
We can now officially say that Vanderbilt has recruiting momentum with its 2021 class. Gabe Dorsey became the second commit for the Commodores on Sunday.

Dorsey is also the second Top 150 player to pledge to the Commodores. Peyton Daniels is currently ranked No. 116 while Dorsey comes in at No. 148.

The 6-foot-6 small forward out of Pottstown, Pennsylvania recently trimmed his list to eight schools. Dorsey chose Vanderbilt over Harvard, Miami, Penn State, Providence, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, and Xavier.

“I feel like it is a great opportunity for me to flourish as a basketball player and a young man,” Dorsey told Corey Evans. “It honestly would have been foolish for me to pass on.”

Dorsey's older brother, Caleb, plays with the Nittany Lions, but academics were a huge issue to the student athlete who attends the renowned Hill School in Pottstown, Pennsylvania. It was believed that the Commodores closest competitor may have been Harvard.

Dorsey offers Vanderbilt a bigger wing that they will be looking for in two years. D.J. Harvey will be a senior when Dorsey arrives on campus, and incoming freshman, Myles Stute, could possibly split time between the three and the four.

Dorsey is also known as an elite shooter, and most feel that will be his calling card when he arrives on a college campus. Corey Evans, says he possess a skill that explains all of the collegiate interest.

"Dorsey has good size, and is a combo forward type. He is a decent athlete, but not a great one. But most of all he is a very good shooter that causes a mismatch due to his ability to consistently make a shot."

The way the 2021-22 roster is currently structured, Dorsey is the thirteenth Commodore with a scholarship, which is the number the NCAA allots.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News