ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic Franchise 101 - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! - Brought to you by MyPerfectFranchise.Net

MyPerfectFranchise.Net

Midshipman
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2021
Hey Friends,

With us all officially being knee-deep in holiday’s I figured I would use this month’s post to reflect in my experience as a partner here and just the holiday season in general.

I have been advertising at Rivals for around a year now (+/- depending on site) and work with 10 sites right now. The reason I am at so many is because I have found this to be the most amazing professional experience I think I have ever been a part of. Certainly the most enjoyable and rewarding advertising I have ever done. I say this because almost every single time someone contacts me from a Rivals site, we hit it off immediately and become true friends (some of y’all are probably just pretending to like me, but that’s OK too, ha). I think that is due to the fact we are from the same cloth. You see, I have been a paying member of Rivals (Orangebloods) for 20+ years without a pause. While we may argue on the boards about silly crap from time to time, in general, us fanatics seem to have many other similar traits outside of college sports. Outdoors, sports, family, a good beer or wine, and a desire to be successful in life – that’s the M.O. of the majority of the people I meet from here and it is freaking awesome! We have so much common ground that it makes the franchise evaluation process so enjoyable and rewarding for me and my candidates. So, this holiday season I am so grateful for being able to work with all of you!

Also, because it is holiday season, I feel the need to talk a little about how blessed I am to do what I do as it allows me the ability to soak in the things in life that are most important to me and be able to have total control over my schedule with ultimate flexibility and unlimited PTO.

When I was in the corporate world, I had to work ALL THE TIME. I mean it. Production was in Belgium. I was in Atlanta, and my key customers were in Seattle and CA. I had 15 days of PTO and a really sweet deal that allowed me to gain an extra day of PTO for every 2 days of weekend travel I incurred (I’m still bitter about that btw).

Now, I own 4 businesses (Synergy HomeCare, Big Red Dumpsters, Red Head Porta Potties, and MyPerfectFranchise.Net) and while that might sound like a ton of work to some of you. It’s not. In fact, I work about 30 hours a week during 8-5 M-F, and then a little computer work here and there after hours. Most of that is on MPF as I have managers running the day to day at my other businesses. Now, it didn’t happen overnight and I never want to paint the picture it did but I still have never had a better quality of life than I did once I became a full-time business owner.

I really meant it when I said I have unlimited PTO. I will be working half days almost every day from here on out with a goal to spend as much time as possible with my family. I’ve got a 12yr old boy, 10yr daughter, and 5yr daughter and have recently realized that I only have 5 more Spring Breaks with my son, 6 with my oldest daughter. That hit me hard! Time passes so quickly and I’ve got to make a ton of memories with my amazing family, while I’ve still got them in my house. So, I am so thankful for my quality of life this holiday season. I have a blessed life and franchise ownership and now business ownership has allowed me to really soak that all in.

I hope each and every one of you knows that this life we have been given is a blessing and you should have a goal of making the most out of it. This holiday season be thankful for what you have and what is important to you - and call me if you want to learn more about franchise ownership, maybe 2022 is THE YEAR for you to make a change to truly impact your quality of life and financial trajectory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News