ADVERTISEMENT

Forget redshirting this dude

doctordore

Admiral
Dec 11, 2006
Was digging around a bit and discovered some incredible stats about Justice.

- Did not start playing at the high school level as an 8th grader as I previously stated. No, he started playing as a seventh grader. Kentucky allows 7th graders to play HS ball.

- He averaged over 20 ppg as an 8th grader (and over 20ppg each year thereafter.) He played for his Dad for those two pre-freshman seasons then transferred to Knott County as a freshman.

- As a freshman for Knott County, scored 45 points in a preseason tourney championship game, becoming the first freshman MVP in that tourney's history. That's four freakin' years ago, people. See the link for an very brief clip of that game. Check out his build and speed for a freshman. When you enter college with a grainy, old-timey, vintage looking high school clip of you pouring in 45 as a tourney MVP...you are college ready.

- As a sophomore, scored 62 points in a game on 8-11 from three.

- Currently fifth all time scorer in Kentucky basketball history. He is within legit reach of becoming #2 on that list. Will depend on how many games they win in tourney play. He's on a stellar team this year.

I cannot imagine a guy with roughly two full basketball careers worth of high level high school scoring experience like that redshirting. I think we will want him playing as much as possible. Not sure whose minutes he'll grab. But I am going to bet he plays a good bit. Just too good and WAY too ready to sit.

freshman 45

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News