ADVERTISEMENT

fans, or lack thereof

vanderbill

Lieutendant Commander
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2011
besides the obvious, winning ..how in the hell can vu get back those fans it's lost for a myriad of reasons, much less attract any new ones?
the apathy and lack of support has to be a national low, at any level. it's really unprecedented in my opinion.

the base has been deteriorating for quite some time, and I see no simple solution in getting it back , or luring new fans in.
the utter lack of respect, or worse , indifference to VU athletics is really alarming. I can't name a handful of friends that even remotely follow the black and gold. most every mention of vu is in a derogatory, demeaning light, and that's being polite.
this includes those who grew up in vu families, but have simply lost all interest in anything going on over there currently, including baseball. sure you might here a soft compliment about getting to Omaha, but really you know they're just saying it because they know you happen to care. and that's in Nashville.

I feel for the players that will never know any sense of a real home field advantage. I mean every time I turn on a tv and watch a game, wherever the hell it is, there are rabid fans in the stands, having. fun, chanting, cheering, in unison.

a new stadium will be filled with opposing fans that are having a blast. I can't really see how to reverse this decades long trend. some will argue that cjf did just that, but even he saw the writing on the wall and knew he wanted to coach on a bigger stage. he had to beg students to show up. that's just really not normal at most colleges.

I realize I've said absolutely nothing that all on here don't already know, but im simply curious your thoughts on how to get butts in seats....for the longhaul.

the game day experience at vu has just always seemed off. cheesy promotions, 2 tee shirts lobbed into a crowd, no history, nothing. attending a vu game is really more often than not, a disjointed, unorchestrated, cacophony of sights and sounds that bear little resemblance to most college games ive attended elsewhere.

so how is it fixed ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News