ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Don’t forget these guys

papahick4VU

Admiral
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2014
Obviously Vaz’ ability to draw a walk with two outs in the ninth made the ridiculously improbable victory possible, and Bradfield swinging at a first pitch off speed down the middle of the plate was immense. However, a tip of the hat also goes to:

1. The relief pitching; another great job by a group that I thought was the team!s weakest spot with all the injuries. They kept the game close to allow the ninth inning to become the stuff of legend.

2. Spencer Jones: when almost everyone else was “pull, pull, pull”, he goes the other way and gets the infield single, as well as causing the shortstop throwing the ball away. To do that in a pinch hitting role, when you’ve hardly been used in the past several weeks, was outstanding.

3. Bradfield Jr. No, not the hit that tied the game. After Vaz walked, and the mound pow wow was taking place, the camera went to Jones and Bradfield, and you could see Enrique talking to Jones, giving him some advice on what to expect/how to approach Beck. So important.

4. CTC’s pinch-hitting moves. Man, there were some head scratching decisions by the coaching staff throughout the game, but credit where credit is due. Kolwyck delivers an rbi single, and Jones, of course, with his fantastic at bat.

5. CTC’s in-game pep talk/chewing out. Without that, I highly doubt we are talking about a win for the ages. I imagine the dugout will have to be repainted after CTC took the paint off the walls during that speech, but I’m thinking CTC will be willing to shell out the cash to pay for it.

Just things I noticed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News