FB Recruiting ***DL TARGET DAYS AWAY FROM DECISION***

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
tomiwa durojaiye.jpg

Three-star defensive lineman Tomiwa Durojaiye is one of Vanderbilt's top remaining targets and he now has a decision date of August 14th set.

VandySports.com takes a closer look at his recruiting process below:

TOP FIVE: South Carolina, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Vanderbilt

THE LATEST: Durojaiye announced his top five schools on June 27th. He took official visits to Arkansas, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Vanderbilt during the month of June and was also took an unofficial trip to West Virginia and just recently spent two days at Kentucky last week.

The 6-foot-3, 252-pound prospect keeps his recruiting process close to the vest, so it's hard to get a read on who the leader is. Kentucky and Vanderbilt seem to be in a good spot and there is a lot of optimism pointing towards West Virginia as well.

ON HIS VANDERBILT OFFICIAL: "My Vanderbilt trip was amazing. I got a good feel for the program from meeting the coaches in person. I just wanted to get a feel for the program and compare and contrast it to other schools."

"My main coach will probably be Coach Nokes (Inoke Breckterfield) and Coach (Jesse) Minter, the defensive coordinator. I watched film with Coach Minter during my visit and they like me as a guy that can play anywhere up and down the line. They really see me replacing Dayo (Odeyingbo). They don't really have too many guys at that spot. I think they had to move some guys around to his spot, so they see me coming into the school in January and having an opportunity to fill that role."

"Coach Minter came from the NFL, so he knows what pro teams are looking for. He knows what makes a guy valuable in the NFL. What he stressed with me is that he'll put in a position for NFL teams to drool over me."

"With Coach Nokes, he's really a student of the game. He knows what he's talking about. He showed me some film of Aaron Donald and broke some of that down. He broke down some film with some of the guys on Vandy's team right now. With the way they plan to use me on their defensive line with the help of Coach Lea and Coach Haye, it definitely stands out to me."

BIGGEST FACTORS IN HIS DECISION: "The biggest thing for me will be development. Working with a genuine staff and a staff that won't change when I get to the program. All the schools on that list are on the uprise in terms of having the right coaching staff and character."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News