ADVERTISEMENT

AL - TN Hoops

Bighornsheep

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2004
I’ve seen AL 4-5 times this year. They are talented and long and athletic. But I hate, hate their offense. I think that will keep them from final four. I mean I bet their possessions where they have zero or 1 pass before the first shot is 80% or more. They love to pound the basketball

They will out talent most teams where they can’t guard AL man vs man. But just like OK did, just like TN did tonight, you get in a game where you just can’t dribble, dribble, dribble and then take your man and score or kick out for a 3 you will struggle to beat good teams with that style.

Of the 4 best teams they have played (Houston, TN, Gonzaga and UConn) they’ve lost 3 of the 4 including both that were on neutral courts. And they lost both of those by double digits.

Some of their good wins aren’t really that good in KY, NC and Michigan St. Even Gonzaga and UConn who they lost too really hasn’t looked very good the last couple of months. I think AL is a talented but flawed team in how they play and if you really look at their schedule and into it you will see this. Really the only team they’ve beaten that is conseidered a top 20 team right now is Houston, now that was a good win but how good is Houston who knows. I mean they also lost a home game to Temple.

Now, for TN, two things will determine their fate. Will refs allow the fouling that isn’t called to happen in the tourney (tonight was a mini football game and the hand checking geez). And they just aren’t a great offensive team. Can they shoot the ball good enough to win games in the tourney (when they shoot it well they are tough to beat, they are really good)

That said they are the opposite of AL. Of the 4 best teams they’ve played (AL, KS, TX and AZ) they’ve won 3 of the 4 including KS on a neutral court. Not sure any team has 3 better wins than TN does.

@Chris Lee you need to look at this and you and Blake discuss it on SEc14. Love your podcasts you are doing but I think it’s interesting to look at TN beats the best teams they play but struggle with the just good to so-so teams while AL kills those teams typically (outside of OK) but when playing more equal teams they have struggled to win those games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News