ADVERTISEMENT

A massive (and positive) site announcement...

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
... and this is probably the biggest one we've had in our 21-year existence.

We now have a title sponsor for our shows, and it is Anchor Impact, Vanderbilt's collective. Anchor Impact this morning announced that it was partnering with Vanderbilt Sports Properties to do some things (see announcement below) and that involves VandySports and the VandySports Podcast playing a part in that.

So what does that change?

For us, it provides needed resources to continue to provide you with coverage of Vanderbilt sports. This has been an issue in recent years and should this partnership go forward years into the future, you will continue to see us expand what we are able to do.

It in return will provide needed exposure for Anchor Impact as we are the largest independent media operation to help it reach its target audience. It will get prime real estate on our shows and we will also be producing some athlete interviews for it to repackage that for its own purposes. (I'll leave it to the Anchor Impact guys to announce that as they choose, but you'll know what that looks like soon.)

Okay, to the part you are wondering about: Will that change how we approach our jobs as independent media covering the school.

No, it will not. In fact, we agreed to this before we did our show today and you can hear for yourself how we approached that episode.

And to be clear, you guys know my thoughts on Vanderbilt and NIL and how that was needed, and I aired those thoughts long before this became an option. So my opinions have not changed.

In fact, that is one reason we were picked. Anchor Impact is intimately familiar with our content and it knows that we bring credibility. They were looking for an independent media partner and in our discussions, it was specifically stated that "we are not looking for state-run media" and that most people are smart enough to see through something like that. And we have walked away from partnerships before when I thought they were affecting our ability to be objective.

I'm sure folks have questions and I am happy to answer them. In fact, we will be kicking off the partnership with a podcast we will record on Friday that will feature D'Juan Epps, who is the general manager of Anchor Impact, as well as Michael Lumpkin, who is the chief of staff for SANIL (Student-Athlete NIL, which is working with Anchor Impact in this endeavor).

Anyway, please join me in welcoming D'Juan and Anchor Impact, and fire away with your questions!

NASHVILLE, Tenn. —Anchor Impact, an established collective dedicated to advancing the welfare and success of Vanderbilt student-athletes, announced Wednesday a partnership with athletics multimedia rights holder Vanderbilt Sports Properties, the locally based team of LEARFIELD—the media and technology company powering college athletics.

This partnership will facilitate a wide range of opportunities—including brand endorsements, partnerships and appearances—ultimately maximizing the earning potential and visibility of Vanderbilt student-athletes.

“This partnership will help us reach all ends of Commodore Nation to enhance the student-athlete experience through even more phenomenal name, image and likeness opportunities,” Anchor Impact general manager D’Juan Epps said. “Our collaboration signifies a shared commitment to advancing the athletic careers and personal development of Vanderbilt’s remarkable student-athletes. Together, we are poised to make an enduring impact.”

Through its collaboration with Vanderbilt Sports Properties, Anchor Impact will receive brand visibility across numerous official Vanderbilt platforms to help connect with the loyal and passionate Commodore Nation. This sponsorship is separate from any activity related to subscription funds that may be allocated to student-athletes as part of name, image and likeness opportunities.

“This partnership of Vanderbilt Athletics, Anchor Impact and Vanderbilt Sports Properties is a testament to our dedication to the holistic success of our student-athletes,” vice chancellor for athletics and university affairs and athletic director Candice Storey Lee said. “Our student-athletes deserve the necessary resources to compete and win at the highest level and prepare them for life after Vanderbilt.”

All athletics sponsorships are managed by Vanderbilt Sports Properties, which does not represent Vanderbilt student-athletes but—on behalf of the university—is actively engaged with brands and organizations to maximize their sponsorships.

“We are thrilled to bring Anchor Impact together with Vanderbilt Athletics in a collaboration that allows for maximized value and increased opportunities for Commodore student-athletes,” said Jeff Miller, general manager of Vanderbilt Sports Properties. “This alignment is the next step in further strengthening the NIL program at Vanderbilt, we are honored to be a part of elevating our student-athletes in this way.”

For more information and to learn how to get involved with Anchor Impact, individuals can visit AnchorImpact.com.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News