ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2025 CB Michael Igbinoghene details interest in Vanderbilt

drew_toennies

Midshipman
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2022
2025 cornerback Michael Igbinoghene, an intriguing recruiting target out of Hewitt Trussville (Ala.) added another offer to his resume this past week, earning an SEC offer from Vanderbilt.

The 5-foot-10, 165-pound prospect out of Trussville, AL. sat down with VandySportsDotCom to go in-depth on his recent offer from the Commodores, revealing his overall interest in the program.

Igbinoghene said that he doesn't look at this new offer from Vanderbilt as just another offer as it's an opportunity to go to a great school.

He said that the Commodores have been involved in his recruitment for the last two weeks as he's been texting both Vanderbilt assistant coach and defensive backs coach Dan Jackson and senior personnel analyst Kendall Lawson.

"It's amazing to receive an offer from Vanderbilt," Igbinoghene said. "I don't really look at it as another SEC offer or just any brush-off offer. I look at it as another blessing and another opportunity to go to an amazing school. They have been involved for about two weeks. I've been on and off the phone texting Coach Jackson and Coach Lawson, so I thank them for giving me the opportunity to play there."

Igbinoghene said that what Vanderbilt's coaching staff like about his playstyle is his aggression, speed and how he's not scared to make tackles. He said that what he likes about the Commodores' coaching staff is their personalities and how they want to develop him into a great football player.

"They like how aggressive I am, my ability to not be afraid to make tackles and they love my speed," Igbinoghene said. "They have a great personality. I can tell they don't just want me there to be there, they want me there to develop me into a great football player and a man on and off the field. And because family means a lot to both of them, those are some things that stand out."

Igbinoghene said that he plans on stopping by West End to visit with Vanderbilt in the near future and is also planning on visiting Florida State.

In addition to the new offer from the Commodores, Igbinoghene holds seven other opportunities, including notable offers from Arkansas, Florida State, Ole Miss and UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News