ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball ‘The Lost Season’

Henry Nichols

Admiral
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2004
Lexington, KY
I thought the 2005-06 season was unparalleled in its wasted potential, but little could prepare me for how thoroughly disastrous on every conceivable level that this season has been and continues to be.

The definition of good coaching is taking a group, regardless of collective talent level, teaching them to do the little things right, and then executing: free throws, making layups, sharing the ball often and fluidly, moving without the ball, boxing out and not allowing offensive boards, minimizing travel violations, minimizing turnovers, etc.

It is simply stunning how this staff has completely failed to improve this team in ANY of these areas. The only thing they kind of do well is drawing charges, but that is negated by how many silly fouls they also make.

The only plausible alternative to this not being solely attributable to piss-poor coaching is that the team has mentally checked out and is mentally/emotionally immune to Drew helping them, which is even worse.

Honestly, I’m less worried about a player like a Simi leaving for the NBA than I am to him, Lee and Nesmith potentially transferring, which looks increasingly possible with the way this dumpster fire is undfolding. Very, very scant reasons for hope right now with this program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News