ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic McDougals by campus burns

This saddens me.

FB Recruiting News and notes: Sept. 28th

Login to view embedded media
Conley just picked up an offer from Vanderbilt last week. He told me he'll be in Nashville October 8th when Vandy hosts Ole Miss. Kansas has also offered and he just visited there. Conley said right now, he's planning to visit Ball State and Iowa State in October as well and check out Missouri and Duke later in the year. Said he's also hearing from Minnesota and Northwestern

Login to view embedded media

So, how will this team respond?

A brutal beating is likely the toughest test for a team and a coaching staff. I believe in CCL's approach as it's honest, direct and I've seen it reflected in the attitude of the players. BUT, it's unlikely whatever confidence they had hasn't been sorely shaken. What do you think? I'm traveling across the plateau for the Ole Miss game since it's a significant reunion (think big number). It will be the first game I've attended in five years. I don't think it will be another beat down, but I am often wrong.

Let's try this again .......Ole Miss Game

Hoping we can have a great crowd for this SEC game.
Looking at the schedule of course we have an open date this week , which I think is coming at a great time. Ole Miss has Kentucky in Oxford ....then to Music City ....then back home for Auburn. Hoping we are overlooked as a sandwich game on the road and we are rested and ready to pull the upset !

I think we have a great chance to win !

Getting Healthy/Full Strength

Between the weird suspensions and normal injuries, we needed this week off. We may be mentally injured after last week, so a week off in terms of how 20-year-olds think is like 2 years of separation, so they can just forget Bama and focus on being home and double-planning for Ole Miss.

But now that we got to see Patrick Smith carry the ball and got Rocko a few carries that seemed like his old self, suddenly we are back at full tilt at RB and could still redshirt Gillespie if that's what he wants.

At WR, can we get Skinner back for Ole Miss, and will he finally be 100%? I'd sure like to see this offense with him plus McGowan/Bodie giving us all the targets. We need someone who can make them pay for the inevitable double teams on Sheppard.

At DT, what is the status of Davis? I have really enjoyed watching him fired up on the sidelines, like an extra coach. But is that knee healthy? Should he sit out the year and come back 100% in 2023? Remember Alan Young (who was on the field for the Elon game as a top 100 all time player a few weeks ago) coming back from double knee injuries to lead the league in sacks? I feel like he also missed several games before he returned and still became a beast. Can Davis do something akin to that and elevate our defense to a place it hasn't been in the first four games and catch Ole Miss off guard? Let's say he plays four games and we lose all four, he could still shut it down and return next year, but I'd only support him playing if it doesn't set back his recovery.

Any other missing folks I'm forgetting?

FB Recruiting IMG three-star 2023 CB Jarvis Lee visiting Georgia Tech, Vandy on deck

Lee update his recruiting process sharing he is setting up a visit with Vandy. Interview on Rivals:

FB Recruiting ***ROUNDUP: CHASING A 4-STAR RB AND COMMITTED PROSPECTS***

Spoke on all these targets last week, here is a quick write-up on each with some additional quotes and notes in this feature
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT