ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Yesterday

DansWillMakeYouDance

Admiral
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2015
was a new low for this board. I don't know what is worse between the constant ripping of Tim Corbin (who is without a doubt the greatest Vanderbilt coach in my lifetime) or the sucking off of Tony Vitello. I get that people are upset about the loss to Coastal Carolina. I was pissed as well as I drove 6 hours one way to see that mess. I've also been upset about the past 3 seasons, but there is no one other than Tim Corbin that I want coaching Vanderbilt's baseball team. We've got some young spoiled fans that don't remember the Roy Mewbourne days. These same fans think that everyone in America is lining up to coach baseball at Vanderbilt. You guys sound just like the Kentucky baseball fans that thought they could hand pick anyone they wanted. We saw how that went. Coaches don't typically like to follow up legends which is exactly what Corbin is. Then, we've got people talking about that clown in Knoxville. Yes, he's a good baseball coach. He recruits well, and he's got assistants in under him that know how to do their job of teaching hitting and pitching. With that said, I wouldn't trade for Corbin for the clown in a million years. Although Vitello has improved a bit, his teams are still undisciplined and aren't good for the game of baseball in my opinion.

My fear is that the "adapt or retire" brigade is going to help lead Corbin into retirement which is exactly what we don't want. With a new hire, you are rolling the dice whether the new guy can coach. I'd rather keep the 2-time national champion and 2-time national runner-up at them helm. Is he above criticism? No. Does he need to make some changes to his staff? Yes especially in the hitting/recruiting department (Mike Baxter). I get it, but some need to take a chill pill. In the three major sports, we've actually got a winner in Tim Corbin unlike the other sports. He has brought incredible moments to my Vanderbilt fandom, and I look forward to Vanderbilt baseball in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News