Wow...

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by BlueAndWhiteinCLE, Jan 21, 2014.

1. BlueAndWhiteinCLE

BlueAndWhiteinCLE Midshipman
    Expand Collapse

This is coming from a realistic Penn State fan... What CJF is doing to your recruiting class is certainly something that I would have been upset about, I understand that. Comparing it to what happened when Penn State had players stolen from them is a bit of a reach, but again, I can see where you are coming from. The part where I am at a complete disconnect with you is how any of this has brought on the desire to attack the Penn State fans and the Penn State community? Where do the actions of CJF correlate to the moral integrity of Penn Staters? What makes you think it is okay to talk about how sick and messed up what the events at PSU were, but they turn around and crack jokes about the whole situation? Ped State? Pedophiles? Rapists? Cult? All of these words thrown around by many, but no logical reason as to why they are being tossed at the fans. If this kind of logic were applied to other situations in the world we would have to call all of the Middle East promoters of terrorism...or maybe everyone associated with the Yankees thinks steroids are a good thing for the MLB. This is what is wrong with the world today. We allow the media to group us, make us believe that groups of people have no ability to think differently than one another. Penn State as a community is horrified by the events that occurred and would do anything to change that. I for one wish that I could have done more, but seeing as I live far away from State College, I, as a FAN, had no involvement. Please do yourselves a favor and stop being so damn brash. Every fan base has their demons and whether or not Penn States is the largest, doesn't reflect on the entire community. I for one hope nothing but the best for VU football in the future, but I have zero respect for the way you have attacked the Penn State community.

2. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

3. BlueAndWhiteinCLE

Expand Collapse

Love the maturity in your response...

4. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

5. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

6. wicker

wicker Admiral
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure it isn't easy for VU fans to see this as just part of the game. Losing a coach, who takes his recruits with him, was a blow to this program. Your Richard Sherman-like attempt at extending an olive branch right after the JF hiring didn't help matters. Regardless of your level of indignation at Sandusky, it will be an attachment for an indefinite period of time.

Calling you guys a cult isn't as far fetched as your perceive it. It's just hard for you to see your fanbase as outsiders do. You surely don't condone child abuse but some of your defenses of those involved stretch credibility and reflect badly on everyone linked to PSU football.

Additionally, your partisans continue to present themselves as above all the unseemly elements of college football. JF's actions, and your fans' response, suggests you've become just like the rest of them. Something else you need to keep in mind as you move forward.

7. JordanBelfort

JordanBelfort Passed Midshipman
    Expand Collapse

This post was edited on 1/22 4:17 PM by JordanBelfort

8. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

9. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

10. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

11. kabmnl

kabmnl Sub-lieutenant
    Expand Collapse

lISTEN, THIS IS HOW PED STATE fans are, and I live in Pa. They are kool aid drinkers, have no sense of reality, and are the most obnoxious fans college or pro. They think their shat doesn't stink. The new football coach is telling people how he will dominate the state in recruiting (he's known as the dominator up here). Article in a newspaper up here it talks about his new staff and how much they really get along and care for each other, it sounds like Happy Valley is all about rainbows and lollipops. Get off of it. Vanderbilt fans please accept my apologies for this rant of a post. Good luck in 2014.

12. Grumpyolddawg

Grumpyolddawg Admiral
    Expand Collapse

I don't care much for Vandy but what Franklin has done to their recruiting class is about as classless as it can get, well other than letting a child molester so I can see why PSU fans don't see it as a big deal. It would be one thing if the kids called and asked but for him to get on the phone minutes after he was hired and and start stealing commits is classless.

PSU fans even think PSU is his destination job, wait until that NFL offer comes alone and he leaves you in the middle of recruiting season and immediately calls your rising srs convincing them to leave and follow him. Franklin is a good coach, but his ethics and morals are as low as any in college football. But looking at that, he is where he needs to be, PSU has some low ethics and morals of their own.

For the Vandy fans here, you made a great hire, while the 14 class has been ripped apart your new coach knows the type of kids Vandy recruits and can get accepted and he knows how to coach them. As a fan of a team in the SEC east he isn't the one I wanted to see here. Franklin did good things at Vandy, but he is one trashy individual and Vandy deserves a class coach to represent the school. Franklin will do well at PSU, and his character fits in a place that went out of their way to keep child molesting "our little secret" for at least 20 years. Lowest of the low coach to lowest of the low university, how fitting.

13. Pitt_97

Pitt_97 Admiral
    Expand Collapse

Cleveland sucksPenn State sucksYou suck
    [​IMG]

14. BlueAndWhiteinCLE

Expand Collapse

At least you said Cleveland sucks first! Guess we could call that progress. Also nice to see that you find so much humor in the Sandusky scandal. Maybe we could start putting up GIF's of all the other rapists around america too!

15. maximus19041

Expand Collapse

If Franklin does go to the NFL then PSU will hire another great coach.

16. wicker

wicker Admiral
    Expand Collapse

Who was the other one?

17. InGold

InGold Admiral
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

thats what I am wondering, the other one would have had to have been there before my time and I'm pushing 60. PUS has not had a great coach in my lifetime and do not have one now.

18. vandychi

vandychi Lieutendant Commander
    Expand Collapse

BlueAndWhite...

Thanks for your post. You shouldn't be defensive about who you fundamentally are. I've made peace with the fact that we have a small alumni base and we'll never fill a 50,000 seat stadium, making us the butt of jokes. You should make peace with the fact that your school is a hotbed of pedophilia, under federal investigation for such, and that's just fundamentally what Penn State stands for. If you make peace with it, you'll be able to focus on other things like winning football games--and you'll be able to sleep much better at night.

19. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

21. Guy Gadbois

Guy Gadbois Master
    Expand Collapse

this is an awesome thread. i absolutely love all the awesome cageness!

22. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

23. GoldRiver

GoldRiver Commander
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

24. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

25. GoldRiver