Why should I pay for a membership?

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by Puniverse, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Puniverse

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I used to pay for a membership but to be honest, I just didn't find the value. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic. I was told that this site was the one to join for the best recruiting information. When i was a member I felt like all I got from the members forum was " Vandy is close to signing a big recruit, but I can't tell you who it is" type of information & then after the verbal became public, you would post "see, I told you 3 days ago VU was going to get a comitt". Has anything changed? Please tell this hard core vandy fan why it's worth the money to subscribe..thank you in advance.

2. Chris Lee

Chris Lee Admiral
    Staff
    Expand Collapse

I think you get ridiculous value here. Recruiting is part of what we do; Jesse covers the Vanderbilt market like nobody else and there have been many times he's ahead of the game on commitments (or even de-commitments, for that matter). You'll get as much info here as you will anywhere else.

Also -- we're the only site that fully covers the three major men's sports. You'll get pre- and post-game coverage like you don't get anywhere else. We're probably at ten times the games of our next two competitors put together, and we cover things from angles like nobody else does (and deeper than the papers and other news outlets go, in many respects).

The War Room is also the best place around to discuss with other fans. Then, there's preseason football coverage, Mike's photo galleries, our occasional opinion articles, our in-season podcasts.... and a lot more.

I think maybe you just didn't give us long enough the first time around; I encourage you to give us a shot again.

3. force10jc

force10jc Admiral
    Expand Collapse

No other site has better recruiting information on Vanderbilt than this site. No one is going to out their source on a recruit until they are told it's OK. Anyone that does isn't going to be getting info in the future.

Jesse goes in great detail on VU recruiting targets and gives in-depth analyses on them. I just don't see the quantity or the quality of coverage that this site provides on recruiting.