ADVERTISEMENT

Why did VU not challenge the spot on the kickoff for a possible safety

Bighornsheep

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2004
I’ve watched that replay several times and it sure looks like the runner gave up his forward progress on his own, which means that should have been a safety. He was running diagonally backwards then went back further trying to avoid a tackle. The tackle itself didn’t cause him to go back, the runner did that on his own which means he gave up the forward progress this a safety. I mean I believe 99% it should have been a safety.

At worse no way that ball should be on the 2. No way a replay wouldn’t have at least changed it to the 1 yard line.

Another coaching blundet. VU should be 4-0 if not for pretty simple coaching

I mean Injewrd Lea post game say on the tying OT touchdown the corner got beat on a good double move. Umm when the only way you don’t win the game is giving up a TD, why your CB is on an island with the most dangerous player on the field is just bad bad coaching.

Why on 2 down when you can get a 1st on the two do you throw a jump ball when the last several drives you’d been moving the ball in other ways. That isn’t Parvias strength and the players even there.

Just frustrating.

Of course MO coaching was no better. What a gift they gave VU calling timeout just to point. How dumb was that. Take the delay of game if you are going to punt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.