ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting What's more important to you, stars or offers?

Which is more important to you, stars or offers?

• Total voters

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
Our most recent football commit, and the thread on him, got me thinking about this.

I've always put more stock in who else offered, because you can see if you are recruiting at the same level as your peers. Peers to VU football, imo, are Kentucky, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss. St., Mizzou. You know, the other bottom feeders in the SEC.

Imo, to compete with the above mentioned schools, you have to recruit the same type of players, for the most part.

If a player doesn't have at least a couple of offers from the above mentioned schools, he is a reach, imo. That doesn't mean that EVERY kid that doesn't have an SEC offer can't play SEC football, but, the chances that said kid is a reach is greater if we are the only SEC school to offer.

I'm not saying this kid that committed yesterday can't play at this level. As has been pointed out many times, I'm not an expert. But, I do have some football and recruiting knowledge just from watching the sport for 40+ years. I also know that a lot of kids that don't have multiple SEC offers generally don't have the talent, speed, and athleticism to play at this level, and VU generally has to take more of these kids than anyone else in the SEC does, see our football history if anyone disagrees with this.

I put the last option on the poll in for @Dickeys Nightmare incase he's still in here. But, if you feel the same way, feel free to choose it too.

Reactions: cellardore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News